Standard terms and conditions of use
Welcome to the TracePartsOnline.net
website (hereinafter the "Website") published by TraceParts S.A.
TracePartsOnline.net is a portal featuring a wealth of technical and commercial resources for engineers, designers, draftsmen, technicians and buyers in every branch of industry as well as for educational technology centers.
By logging into the Website, users (hereinafter "Users") indicate their automatic and unconditional acceptance of the standard terms and conditions of use set forth below.
Use of the data available and limitation of liability
All news, data and information published on the Website are the property of TraceParts and/or third parties. Such information may not be disclosed without prior consent, irrespective of whether in hardcopy or electronic form.
The data published on the Website (hereinafter the "Data") come from a large number of manufacturers and standards in a wide range of industries. The said manufacturers and standards are identified in relation to the Data for which they are solely responsible. By using the Website, Users acknowledge that:
- (i) TraceParts cannot warrant the accuracy, integrity or quality of the Data or that the said Data are free of any viruses or harmful code. All data published on the Website conform solely to the original source data provided by the manufacturers and standards.
- (ii) Users are responsible for assessing and assuming the risks associated with the use of any Data, including any reliability relating to the accuracy, entirety or fitness of the said Data.
- (iii) TraceParts shall in no way be held liable for, without limitation, errors or omissions in the Data, or for any loss or damage arising from the use of any Data, including damage caused by viruses or harmful code.
- (iv) TraceParts shall in no way be held liable for any direct or incidental damages caused to Users or a third party in respect of, for information only and without limitation, loss of profits, expenses, loss of data, loss of software packages, damaged or lost hardware sustained by Users or a third party, including the costs incurred in recovering, reproducing or repairing such losses or damage.
Limitations of use. Users may only use the Data for the purposes of computer-aided design or viewing data. Unless Users have received prior written consent from TraceParts, they may not i) distribute the Data as part of an external service, or ii) copy or post the Data on a website, or iii) distribute the Data on any storage medium whatsoever, or iv) use the Data with the aim of competing with the Website service. In particular, Users agree to not use the Website service to:
- Download, publish or transmit in any manner whatsoever data or content that is unlawful, harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, criminal, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, privacy-invasive, odious or reprehensible on racial, ethical or other grounds.
- Harm minors in any way whatsoever.
- Impersonate another person or entity, or submit misleading or false declarations concerning the Supplier's affiliation with a person or entity.
- Falsify the headers or manipulate the identifiers in any other way for the purpose of concealing the origin of any Data sent via the service.
- Download, publish or transmit in any manner whatsoever any content infringing any patent, registered trademark, trade secret, copyright or other exclusive rights of any party.
- Download, publish or transmit in any manner whatsoever any form of unsolicited or unauthorized advertising, promotional materials, unwelcome publicity, unwanted mail or any other form of solicitation.
- Download, publish or transmit in any manner whatsoever any material containing computer viruses or any other code, file or computer program designed to interrupt, destroy or restrict the normal use of any software, computer hardware or telecommunications devices.
- Impede or interrupt the Website service or the servers or networks connected to the Website service, or violate any conditions, procedures, policies or regulations governing the networks associated with the Website service.
- Harass another user in any manner whatsoever.
- Compile or store personal data about other users.
- Use the Site as a storage location for remote loading purposes or as a gateway to another homepage within or outside the Website.
Content provided by Users. The comments and files provided by Users are proposed for information purposes only and for the convenience of other Users. As with all Data on the Website, TraceParts shall in no way be liable for any such comments and files. Users may use the comments and files provided by other users only for viewing and downloading, but may not use such comments and files to create catalogs or websites in competition with this Website. Users are authorized to copy and download such files, provided that they reproduce all copyright and other legal notices as included on the original Data or copies of the Data.
Links to third-party websites
The Website contains direct or indirect links (hyperlinks) to other websites, homepages or web pages. TraceParts only offers such links as services. The respective operators or providers are solely responsible for the content and information displayed on such websites. To the extent that such sources are beyond the reasonable control of TraceParts, the existence of a hyperlink does not mean that its content has been approved by TraceParts. Therefore, TraceParts will in no way be liable for any effects caused by such hypertext links.
Registration and personal data
Users may be required to log in to use the Website, especially to access certain services, such as CAD file downloads, datasheets and bill of materials attributes. In this particular case, Users agree to provide truthful and accurate information concerning their identity and position, and the name and business of their company. Registration data and certain other personal information are subject to applicable legislation (filed with the French Data Protection Authority under declaration number 1258597). In accordance with the French Data Protection Act 1978, Users have the right at any time to access, amend and remove any personal data provided to TraceParts by writing to TraceParts – User Database Management Department – Parc Eco Normandie – 76430 Saint Romain – France.
User accounts must only be used by the person that registered with that particular name and email address. Users are not allowed to use any user account other than their own. Users are informed that component manufacturers registered on the Website only receive data about Users that have downloaded data from their catalogs. Users also agree that any personal information collected during registration or at any other time is used by TraceParts and possibly by its partners for the purpose of operating the services offered (creating directories and sales prospecting) in compliance with applicable legislation.
Right to remove or disable access. TraceParts reserves the right to remove access for any user in violation of these standard terms and conditions of use.
In case of any Data that could be (i) defamatory, obscene, violent, offensive or otherwise unacceptable, undesirable and reprehensible in TraceParts' estimation; (ii) in violation of any laws, legislation or third-party rights, including but not limited to rights governed by copyright and laws prohibiting slander, libel and invasion of privacy; or (iii) in violation of the foregoing limitations of use and which are brought to the knowledge of TraceParts, TraceParts will have the right, but not the obligation, to remove or disable access to such Data with immediate effect.
Users agree that any notices made by TraceParts in pursuance of these standard terms and conditions of use are sent by plain text email.
This provision especially applies to emails potentially containing confidential data about the User, including their password, if forgotten and requested by the User.
TraceParts services and warranty
Although TraceParts agrees to provide the best performance in order to offer Users a reliable Website and services, Users must be aware that the security of data on the Internet cannot be fully warranted. Services are therefore provided on an as is basis, and insofar as site availability cannot be guaranteed at all times due to the technical conditions specific to the Internet, TraceParts shall not be held liable for any unforeseen events where the causes were beyond its reasonable control.
Jurisdiction and governing law
The contractual relations binding the User and TraceParts under these terms and conditions shall be governed by and construed in accordance with French law. In case of any disputes for which the Parties are unable to reach an amicable arrangement, such disputes shall be referred to the court of Le Havre, which shall have exclusive jurisdiction and venue.
Date of last update: 10/29/2012